Tuesday 9 November 2010

Inspiration

I got a book out from the library called On The Edge: Images From 100 Years Of Vogue and in it I found quite a few photographs where the lighting inspired me.

Irving Penn - the twelve top models of the forties
May 1st, 1947

Baron Adolphe de Meyer - Certrude Vanderbilt Whitney in Persian costume by Leon Bakst
January 15th, 1913

Edward Steichen - gold sandals and patent-leather oxfords
December 15th, 1926

I really liked the above photo because there is a hand shining a torch onto peoples' feet. This is relevant to my work as I am going to use torches as a light source. I like the idea of being able to see the torch and the person holding it in the picture.

Horst - Corset
September 15th, 1939

Bruce Davidson - Robert Indiana and Andy Warhol
March 1st, 1965

Peter Laurie - The Beatles
January 1st, 1964

I know all of these images are in black and white, but I am going to do my photographs in colour. They will have a similar effect to these images though as I am using dark clothing and setting it at night time.

No comments:

Post a Comment